Five Steps For Securing The Data Center: Why Traditional Security May Not WorkOctober 12, 2015 + Share This
(Source Cisco White Papers)
Data Center administrators face the challenge of securing the Data Center without compromising its performance and functionality. Most of the traditional solutions used to protect the Data Center are not enough, due to new requirements on Today’s architectures in performance, virtualization, applications, and traffic, security of the Data Center needs to implement new features and standards.
The security solution for your Data Center defense should deliver five key features:
- Provide visibility and control over custom data center applications.
- Manage asymmetric traffic flows and application transactions between devices or data centers.
- Adapt as data centers evolve.
- Address the entire attack continuum, before, during, and after an attack.
- Protect the entire network.
Data center security is different. To truly protect the modern data center, and new data center models that are emerging now, organizations cannot rely on a next-generation firewall alone. They need a comprehensive and integrated security strategy and architecture that provides consistent and intelligent protection across the entire distributed network, from the edge to the data center to the cloud, without undermining performance.
Cisco offers the innovative Cisco® Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) solutions for data center security, which are designed to secure both; physical and virtual environments while allowing organizations to migrate seamlessly from traditional to next-generation data centers.
The Cisco ASA platform includes great solutions to fully protect your Data Center:
- Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv).
- Cisco ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliance.
- Cisco OpenAppID technology.
- Cisco FireAMP™ and FireSIGHT™ solutions.
For more information on how to secure your Data Center and Cisco products including Cisco ASA Solutions, please contact us at 954-620-0072 or click here.